Terms and Conditions.
Here at Kitchen Creations by Ability our objective is to leave each customer delighted with their new kitchen. We take extreme pride and care through every step of the process, from design to installation. And of course, it goes without saying that happy customers fuel our excellent reputation, recommending us to their friends and family.
Our kitchen furniture cabinets are made to the highest standard and are guaranteed for 20 years. All Blum hinges, runners and drawer boxes are guaranteed for life. Individual door companies have different warranties and guarantees. In an issue should arise with a vinyl door you are covered for 6 years from purchase date. This applies to the replacement of the doors, panels and accessories. The installation cost would not be covered through this and will be the responsibility of the end user.
All appliance guarantees are the customer’s responsibility to register. This can be done either on-line or by post. We shall provide you with the necessary serial numbers, which will be your Proof of Purchase. Sinks, taps and worktops will also carry a minimum 12-month guarantee, but please check your individual paperwork. Please store all your paperwork safely as we do not keep copies. Should you encounter any issues please contact the manufacturer on the customer service line listed. The specialist service agent will need the model and serial number and will try to diagnose any issue with you. If they are unable to do this they will arrange an engineer’s visit with you. Of course, we will be happy to answer any questions or queries you may have.
General Terms and Conditions:
- The placement of an order implies acceptance of these terms of trade.
- All goods are ordered specifically for your kitchen / bedroom, in doing so, we are unable to offer a returns policy unless good are deemed faulty. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Agreed payment terms cannot be changed after your order has been placed, agreed and signed.
- 10% deposit is required before we can process your kitchen order. This can be paid via BACS, DEBIT OR CREDIT CARD and at a maximum value of £2000 applies to credit card payments.
- All remaining balances must then be paid in clear funds prior to the your goods being delivered.
- All goods are the property of Kitchen Creations by Ability until the relevant invoice is paid in full.
- Credit card payments will not carry a surcharge. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept American Express. We do NOT accept balance payments by Credit Card.
- Cheques should be made payable to Ability Kitchens Ltd. Please note these funds must be cleared before delivery of goods.
- Only Debit, BACS, Bankers Draft and Cheques are accepted for the final 90% of the balance.
- The price to supply and fit your kitchen includes the fitting of all units, worktops, trims and panels. The cost excludes all first and second fix plumbing, unless specifically mentioned in our quotation/order acknowledgement. Our fitting cost will include the fitting of all appliances supplied by Kitchen Creation by Ability Ltd, but not connections unless stated on order acknowledgement.
- Kitchen Creation by Ability Ltd. cannot be held liable for any damaged goods that have not been ordered from us. All goods are the responsibility of the customer once delivered to the site address. Ability Kitchens Ltd. accepts no responsibility for the loss or damage of goods, once on site. If any damages are found, this MUST be reported to the office on 01244681517 within 48 hours.
- We will mutually agree delivery and installation dates. We require at least 5 working days’ notice if you wish to reschedule any agreed dates.
- We rely upon our suppliers and contractors to do the best to keep to the timescale we agree with you. Despite our best efforts we cannot absolutely guarantee meeting specific dates as timescales can slip due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control. Should this happen we will keep you fully informed.
- If your site has access restrictions, we may have to adapt the design to allow goods to be delivered. We will endeavour to make you aware of this at the design stage. For example, if it is not possible to deliver a long length of work surface we will adapt the design to use shorter lengths.
- If at the time of delivery, the Company is unable to supply any of the Goods the Company will offer the Customer an alternative with any appropriate adjustment in the Price. If the alternative is not acceptable to the Customer the Company will at its entire discretion allow a deduction in the cost of such Goods from the overall Price.
- Following any survey carried out by the Company, the customer shall not make any alterations to its premises or the services of the existing equipment, at its premises which could affect the installation of the Goods.
Any alterations required by the Customer prior to any survey carried out must be notified in writing to the Company and the Customer accepts that such alterations may incur delays in delivery of the Goods or provision of Services and/or additional costs and charges. The company does not accept any liability if such alterations are made.
The Company reserves the right to make reasonable alterations to Goods and Services to accommodate the agreed design within manufacturing tolerances, due to outsourced materials. These alterations will be provided to the client, to be agreed before manufacture will commence.
After survey, if any changes have been made an updated order acknowledgment will be given to the client, to recognize the changes made. A delivery and installation date will be given once we have received a signed copy of the updated.
Prices for worktops will remain as an estimate until a template by the appropriate contractor has been carried out. Should these items incur any extra cost, we are unable to process the order until payment has been made in full.
- Granites and timber are natural products. Kitchen Creation by Ability Ltd. cannot be held responsible for natural variations in colour or pattern. In each case the best available match will be supplied with orders. (We would recommend you visit the Stone company to view the slabs).
- Our manufacturing guarantee does not cover accidental damage by you or general wear and tear over the years of kitchen enjoyment. This includes, but is not limited to, misuse, knocks and scratches, water damage, natural mellowing, hot or heavy objects placed directly onto work surfaces. These guarantees will cover manufacturing or fitting defect only, and will only cover work carried out by Kitchen Creation by Ability Ltd. Should there be any manufacturing defects in the supplied goods, Kitchen Creation by Ability Ltd. We will liaise with the manufacturer of the goods to replace them. However, in all cases the liability for manufacturing defects of any goods supplied will rest with the manufacturer.
- We provide excellent aftercare to all our customers. However, if we have an outstanding balanced owed to us by you after the kitchen has been installed, we will not be able to honour any guarantees, or perform remedial work until your account is fully settled. Furthermore, we may ask you to pay for any additional works upfront.
- Due to EEC directives, we are unable to dispose of fridges or freezers. All waste will remain on site unless we have mentioned otherwise in our agreed quotation. This can be incorporated into the installation cost if required.
- All drawings and plans are intended for illustrative purposes only. All measurements must be checked before installation for accuracy.
- Supply Only Kitchens will be delivered and placed at the location of your choosing.
- Force Majeure – The Company shall not be liable to the Customer under the Contract in any way whatsoever for destruction, damage, delay or inability to carry out its business arising out of war or civil commotion, strikes, lockout and industrial disputes, failure of utility service or transport network, fire, storm, explosion, floods or bad weather, breakdown of machinery or plant, malicious damage, compliance with any law governmental order rule direction or regulation or any act of God or default of suppliers or sub-contractors. The Company shall further be under no liability to the Customer for any circumstances beyond the Company’s control.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED AS TO AFFECT THE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF THE CUSTOMER.