Ability Kitchens (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Ability Kitchens Units 4-5 Brymau Industrial Estate, River Lane, Saltney Chester CH4 8SZ.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you: Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.abilitykitchens.co.uk. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Details of your visits to our site [including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise] and the resources that you access.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
– To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
– To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
– To speed up your searches.
– To recognise you when you return to our site.
To opt out of the DoubleClick advertising service go to, http://www.google.com/privacy/ads
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
– To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
– To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
– To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
– To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
– To notify you about changes to our service.
– We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by [post or telephone]. We will only contact you if you provide authorisation for us to do so.
– To collaborate with a designer, if you have a My Project account you can select our showroom and share your account with one of our expert designers in our showroom. You will only be able to collaborate with a designer and Ability Kitchens if you accept the disclaimer and agree to collaborate. If you do agree to collaborate we may be in touch to find out more about your kitchen requirements.
– If you sign up to a My Project account in the showroom you will receive an email to confirm you application and opt in to marketing.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If Ability Kitchens or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Ability Kitchens Unit 4-5 Brymau Industrial Estate, River Lane, Saltney Chester CH4 8SZ.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be free of charge and may take up to 30 days.